225 W Center St, Suite 115
Kingsport, TN 37660
● World-Class keynote speakers, including Dan Cox, VisFX Supervisor for Weta FX, Avatar Sequels; Ty Warren, Netflix Original Series; Food TV Reality celebrities Chef “T” Gregoire and Chef Tanya Cauthen; and others.
● Concurrent sessions and workshops on Low-cost production techniques, finding funding, managing a small production business in flyover country, getting into the industry, and sessions highlighting companies and organizations in our region making it happen for the film production industry.
● A “Town Hall” meeting to network with the region’s entertainment media professionals, entrepreneurs, and economic development community and exchange ideas for supporting entertainment media production jobs and businesses.
● Portfolio and reel review opportunities for young professionals with industry experts
● Eat/Art Space exhibit reception and the opening of the Overmountain Animation Festival
This is a chance to meet, greet, and network–and to help keep our talent right here in East Tennessee and Southwest Virginia!
More details to come. Save the date!
Create Appalachia strives to make our region a better place to live and work by supporting innovation and entrepreneurship centered around the arts and
creativity. We work to sustain an equitable environment that will generate new businesses, provide jobs in arts-based businesses, and highlight the important
role that creativity plays in the region’s economic vitality.
The Arts@Work Series supports entrepreneurial creatives and makers who wish to develop their professional business skills. Topics include introductions to
business strategy, marketing, communication, pricing, and client relations. We also offer skill-based certification courses. The Arts@Work professional
development series is curated to meet the particular needs of small creative businesses that combine artistry, imagination, and technology.